Sunday, September 30, 2012

Aussie Curves: Picnic

This week in Aussie Curves, our challenge theme is picnic. Before we get started, I have a confession. The photo below accurately sums up how I feel about picnics. The only nice thing I could think of about picnics was reading a book, but you know I could do that inside in the comfort of my bed. Picnics for me mean flies, mossies, ants, food that needs to be eaten on laps, etc. Yep, I'm an indoors person. Give me a good book to read inside, or a good gaming session any day.


Ok, now I've got that off my chest, here's my outfit. Picnic made me think of my tablecloth dress, that I wore for red week in this post. I needed to mix it up for a new post, so I decided to wear it as a skirt, paired with my Sweet Tooth shirt. My top is from this Etsy shop which has lots of other cute shirts and shoes too. I tucked the skirt under a bit to match the higher waist of the dress (and of me!). Usually it's longer, as you can see in my previous post here.


I wore my comfy red shoes, which seemed a sensible choice for a picnic. Lots of ants and grass and stuff to get in your sandal type shoes, I would think.


My accessories included my strawberry clips from The Olive Tree Markets, earrings from a random market, and a bunch of bracelets- pearl ones were 50c from an op shop, red one is part of a set from Yours Clothing. Apologies for puffy eyes, I was staying at my parents for these photos and they are hayfever central.


Outfit Details
Top: Etsy (2x)
Dress: Asos Curve (24)
Shoes: Wild Surf Co (men's 10)
Bracelets: Op shop (thift shop) and Yours Clothing
Hair Clips: Olive Tree Markets
Earrings: Market
Lipstick: 50c from the local chemist!


I like the pairing of red and turquoise, I'll have to do it more often! Check out what the other lovely Aussie Curve ladies have come up with below.



15 comments:

  1. I would never have known that was a dress...great idea popping a t-shirt over the top to get more wear out of it. Loving the red and turquoise together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing off that ASOS dress! Very cute! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sweet Tooth" Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I think this look would have been super cute with a white blouse, to make it 'extreme girly picnic', but your look is very comfortable. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola! I love your blog. I am SimplyyMayra your new reader #11. I stopped by from "Life as we know it". I blog over at PonderWonders at http://www.simplyymayra.com Looking forward to getting to now more about you and yours! ;)

    ~SimplyyMayra

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute ensemble! I totally agree with you about picnics, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG is it so wrong to say that I love your first shot! Your face says it all ;) I love picnics....but yeah NO DEAL on the flies...your skirt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pairing of red and turquoise too. Great job remixing your dress into a skirt, looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still love that gingham dress! Tres appropriate for picnicking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree the flies, the ants, etc. You look gorgeous, so very well put together, so awesome. Hope you have a lovely week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO adorable. Love, love it. the top is all kinds of perfect for a picnic theme. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect way to change up a dress! I always forget that I can just pop a top over a dress to change it up a bit!

    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha Im totally an indoors person as well! Who needs ants and flies trying to get at your food??? Im loving this look. So bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so am an indoor person too! red and white gingham + picnic = perfection! Love the tshirt too!

    ReplyDelete