Friday, June 21, 2013

Aussie Curves- Boho

Boho style has hippy type connotations for me, and it's a style I'm pretty comfortable with. I'd have more pieces in this style if I could find them. Flowy dresses and skirts, lots of colour and flowers- I'm a fan. The trouble was, most of my hippy type outfits are meant for the warm months, sandal weather. This dress I'm showing you I usually wear with some denim shorts and a pretty coloured underwire bra but it's just too cold to take off that many layers. So I'm pairing the dress with long sleeve shirt and leggings. Not as nice, but much warmer!











This dress is an old one from Domino Dollhouse. It's too short for me, hence why I usually pair it with shorts. It'd made of a soft stretchy cotton, and is so cool to wear in summer. I love the patchwork patterns on it.


I don't have a flower crown, but I decided to attempt a similar thing by putting a bunch of flower clips on my head. The necklace is from my local artisan market, I like how it brings out the turquoise colours in the dress.


My flower ring is from the same markets. If you're ever in Newcastle on the first Saturday of the month, come check out The Olive Tree Markets- they have great stuff.





Outfit Details

Dress: Domino Dollhouse (old season)
Top: Big W (20)
Leggings: Autograph (M)
Necklace & Ring: Olive Tree Markets
Shoes: Kmart (11)
Flowers: Target, Best and Less, Kmart, Big W





5 comments:

  1. That necklace is sooooo gorgeous!!!! I love the colour! great warm boho look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking cute Bek, the clips totally work as a flower crown :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this dress! Gorgeous. It really IS too cold for boho, right? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true about the weather! I took my boho photos about two months ago, haha! Love this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, definitely too cold so I stuck to indoors.
    I really like the dress, I should check out the label.

    ReplyDelete