Monday, August 29, 2011

OOTD: Asos red dress

This is my outfit of the day- another purple/red combo. What can I say, I love it!
The red dress is a recent purchase from Asos, from the clearance section. I couldn't find a link sorry, but it was called a red button-up dress I think. It looks completely different on me than on the model, I think I like it better!


Outfit details:
Purple top (22): Best and Less
Red dress (24): Asos
Belt: Thrifted
Leggings (M): Autograph
Shoes (men's 10): Wild Surf Co
Hair bow: The Olive Tree Markets
Brooch: Thrifted



I love how the dress has pockets. It buttoned up too high for my liking, so I just left the top two buttons undone, and let it lie back to make a collar. The buttons don't gape either, which is fantastic. The dress material is cool and comfortable, with a decent thickness to it. I think it will be hard-wearing.


I love my new red shoes. I've been looking for coloured shoes for ages, but I have a lot of trouble finding shoes, due to size 11 feet, and toes that can't stand being squished. I also have flat feet, and can't wear heels. I finally thought to look in a surf shop and found a great selection of colours in the men's section. They weren't super cheap ($80) but I think they'll last a while. I also got a $20 voucher for the shopping centre when I bought the shoes (I bought a turquoise pair too), and I bought a dress from Miller's with it. I think I've got enough shoes to last me at least 5 years now. So a big outlay of money for me, but it will pay off in the long-term.

Also, aren't my leggings from Autograph just fab? I love the sprinkle of sparkles the bottom. The material has a bit more stretchy in them than the ones I have from Big W, I think they're going to last longer before they sag. I got them for $20, on the sale rack.

2 comments:

  1. I'm slowly catching up with blog posts! What a cute outfit. Red looks great on you. Love the cute accessories too.

    ReplyDelete